Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day 4 London

Today we started at the Borough Market, where we ate Raclette cheese with potatoes and gherkins for lunch.  You can compare it to a farmer's market/food festival, but it happens every week. There's food for every taste, I definitely recommend going. After we met with one of my cousin's friends and her cousin. His friend was eating but her cousin still needed to get something to eat so we walked around a bit. As we were walking I found a place with deserts and I couldn't resist buying a lemon cheesecake, which was amazing, most sweets here are! When I finish, our new friend decides to buy Fish & Chips, I was hesitant to try it at first because I don't like fish, but I did and I LOVED IT!!!! It will definitely be something I'll have again! Once she finished eating, we walked around looking at different foods, I went to a vendor that sold truffles and sampled the black and the white truffle oils, I'll admit it's not for everyone, but I liked it. The girls didn't want to try it because the smell of truffle is very....pungent  hehe!

We joined another friend, bought some mulled wine, and decided to see Big Ben and the London eye before heading towards Oxford Street for some pub time. Let me tell you, it was much bigger than I thought it was, and SOOOOO beautiful at night time! I was in awe, so many details to see but little time to stay! I will be revisiting so I can give you more on that later!

We took the underground to Oxford Street and in that area there is a department store called Liberty. I was told it is famous here in London and pretty old; founded in the late 1800's. Naturally we all went in to see all the products, each section was divided into stationary, jewelry, cosmetics, aromatherapy, and more. We stopped in the chocolate section.... this is where I bought a few souvenirs for people! If you decide to shop here, come with lots of money!

After shopping a bit, we finally got to the pub called O'Neills. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be, but that might have been the time. There I had cider called Kopparberg which had strawberry and lime, it tasted like candy, definitely one of my favorites! We all had a great time listening to live music and chatting, a very calm end to the day.

 Cheese is melted like this, then sliced on top of the potatoes



When I said something for everyone I meant it.


So many mushrooms <3






Fish & Chips!!











Snow White cakes??


Cheers so a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment