Monday, December 23, 2013

Day 13 London

Today was the day we went to Stonehenge and Bath. Of course it was a beautiful day.... NOT!!!! Winds reached almost 50mph, the rain felt like rocks being thrown into my face, not to mention neither my shoes or coat were water proof, and I forgot my hat. It was definitely an adventure, and we got to go through what the people who lived there once went through (feel really bad for them)! Despite all the weather issues, it was very majestic to be there and see it in person. I stayed as long as I could in that weather just staring.

After that bittersweet experience we went to the city of Bath. Here, we went to the Roman Baths and Bath Abbey. It is interesting to see something from so long ago survive today. the springs still flow! We got to drink some of the spring water and put our hand in it (which was a blessing because it was freezing). The water did not taste good at all, it has all the minerals. By the way, we didnt drink the green water you see in the pictures, it was a separate area that was clean! Once we finished seeing the Roman Baths, we went into Bath Abbey Church. What an amazing church, let me tell you! One of my favorite things was the tombstones lined up on the walls and floors of the church! I've never seen that before. This church has a book with the list of names of people who died in the wars. Our time came to an end and we headed back to the bus to get back to London! ...... nap time lol

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures!










The Pulteney Bridge...If you've seen Les Miserables you know this bridge.




What they looked like back then - Figure of Minerva

Roman Coins - Brooch 

























No comments:

Post a Comment